Top 45 Ways You Can Pretty Much Be Sure You Are A Sherlockian
1. You've called every "consulting detective" in the book and told them to get real.
2. Whenever you answer the phone, you ask, "Afghanistan or Iraq?"
3. You have or will live(d) in a '221 B Baker Street' come hell or high water.
4. When someone asks you why you do something, you reply, "That's what people DO!"
5. BBC, Granada, Warner Bros... you've seen them all.
6. In the shows, the Holmes is always perfect for the Watson, and vice versa.
7. You have your Watson...(and maybe you even call him Watson?)
8. No matter who it is, Holmes' portrayal is spot on.
9. You analyze people to the point where it's just plain creepy.
10. You do your research.
11. Rache or Rachel?
12. You know someone who lowers the IQ on the entire street.
13. Constantly show up the police, give them credit anyway.
14. You ship EVERYone.
15. Football and five kids....
16. You get the previous two.
17. You know what happened between Adler and Holmes, despite the 2009 movie.
18. You still wonder how "Elementary, my dear Watson" became such a famous line.
19. Deerstalker? Yup. It's right next to my violin.
20. You've an eye glass in your pocket just in case.
21. Ears can tell you a lot about a person....
22. Whether it's the B&N version or otherwise, you own a battered copy of every ACD Holmes story ever written... and then some.
23. Problem? Blame it on Anderson.
24. Local crime? Probably Jim from IT.
25. Start with the riding crop; it works best.
26. What picture of Irene Adler? <nervous smile>
27. Still wondering why they always make Watson so stupid.
28. January 6 is marked on your calendar.
29. Alone on the Water....
30. You lie around in a brown robe doing nothing when it suits you.
31. Your flatmate is oddly pissed off when you go in to wake him up at three in the morning.
32. Wax busts can be very useful.
33. Dog? What dog?
34. The excuse "It's an experiment" is the best thing yet.
35. You've looked up who "Boswell" is.
36. Missile or submarine plans-- regardless, it's a pain in the ass to have them stolen.
37. Tease your brother about his diet.
38. Of course 'CCH' stands for 'Charing Cross Hospital.' Silly Watson, hunts are for simpleminded people.
39. That one part of A Study In Scarlet that took way too long to read and nearly put you to sleep. . . . Oh. And John's blog too.
40. Why would ACD kill off Mary in volume two, I wonder?
42. Mycroft Holmes is lazy and never stays on his diet.
43. Moving to Sussex and keeping up a bee farm seems nice.
44. Black origami lotus flowers.... Bar your windows, doors, chimneys.
45. You have a cane that, when you pull out the top, is secretly a triangular blade.
46. You freaked out during "The Hounds of Baskerville" when Holmes walked in with a harpoon and Watson later said something about it having been a pig. Because you knew. You knew it was a reference to the "Black Peter" case.
47. At least one of the stories in downloaded on your computer as an audiobook.